Guidelines & Information
- Interns who can stay for a longer period of time (at least 3 – 6 months).
- A genuine interest in environmental sustainability, the eco-tourism/ hospitality industry and living in a natural jungle environment is essential.
- Interns with a sense of commitment, cooperation, responsibility and integrity during their time here at the centre.
- People who are physically fit and able and open to being part of everything that is going on here in life at a sustainable village in the jungle and that includes physical work, cleaning duties and computer/office work if required.
- People with other relevant skills which they can contribute to operations at the centre such as photography, video making, marketing, cooking skills, graphic design, carpentry, construction, architecture, farming/gardening, artistic or creative abilities.
- People who are comfortable in wilder natural environments with insects and wildlife and who enjoy the solitude and serenity of nature and a quieter lifestyle.
- Interns who are open, willing and will adhere to the guidelines and house rules of the centre.
Learn by Doing:
- All interns will work alongside our team and gain practical skills and experience in the different aspects of the centre for 7 hours per day 6 days per week.
- Learn to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as is practically possible.
- Learn firsthand the perks and challenges of living and working on an ecovillage in the jungle.
Learn by Living:
- Live in a real sustainable village and sleep in an eco constructed house surrounded by untouched nature.
- Live a minimalist lifestyle where the essentials are all that is required.
- Learn to conserve precious resources such as water, electricity and gas through conscious usage as well as following the centre’s sustainable living guidelines
- Learn to live with, use and needless as you reduce your unnecessary waste and work towards a zero-waste lifestyle.
- Live as part of a holistic village and ecosystem where the ‘whole’ is recognized as opposed to the parts in working towards the higher purpose of environmental sustainability.
- Live in a clean and pure toxin-free environment where alcohol drugs and other intoxicants including cannabis in any form are not permitted.
- Live a lifestyle where spirituality and truth are of the utmost importance and are an accepted and encouraged part of daily life.
Learn by Knowledge:
- Access to information and a library of books on sustainable living, health & wellness, spirituality and yoga, gardening/growing and much more.
- Access to demonstrations, information and guidance from our team.
- All interns are encouraged to self-study and design eco-projects of their own area of interest.
- A peaceful natural environment with no ceaseless distractions or man-made sounds.
- Shared accommodation in one of the unique and eco treehouses/huts on the 12-acre property grounds.
- Living with other interns in a fresh, wild and unconfined environment that is wide open to the symphony of the jungle in a simple manner.
- The toilets and washrooms are outside and fully enclosed for privacy yet are partly open to the sky.
- There is no wifi and very little phone coverage in the rooms. Wifi is available in the public ‘Solar Centre’ area.
- Food or meals are not provided by the centre, this is every intern own responsibility to fund and provide for themselves. A shared kitchen will be provided for food preparation.